An online charity event to benefit Unitus called Internet Marketers Against Poverty, is this week's Friday PSA. Today, we'll cover the mission as well as what I like about this campaign.
Campaign Mission: Fund Global Entrepreneurs
About Unitus . . .
Who they serve: the three billion people living on less than $2/day
How they serve: provide access to capital for micro-entrepreneurs
How your dollars go to work: $5.50 funds one entrepreneur
Portfolio: reaches over 2.2 million families through 17 partners in Argentina, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico and the Philippines
Goal: reach over 15 million of the word’s working poor by 2010
Charity Navigator Rating: 4 stars
Recognition: Fast Company’s Social Capitalist Award, 2005, 2006
Online Media Center: blog, press releases, new articles, videos, downloads, a press center and an enewsletter subscription
About the Campaign . . .
Launched just hours ago, the IM Against Poverty online charity live event runs through September 16, 2007. When Harris Fellman asked me to contribute a donation to the cause, I joined over 100 internet marketers who agreed to giveaway their products whenever someone makes a donation to Unitus online from September 13-16, 2007.
What I like about this online charity event campaign:
- missions match: internet marketers helping other entrepreneurs start their businesses
- no opt-ins for giveaways, even though I pick some extra subscribers when I participate in these giveaways, typically they're the grab and go kind
- invites Internet marketers to join together in a community to make a global impact
- great exposure for the charity to an internet based group of donors they may not have been able to reach otherwise
- videos convey the story of the charity and the businesses involved
- Internet marketers get a link to their site; you get traffic and exposure for everyone who visits
- tracks donations online so you can follow progress
- matching donations from Shawn Casey double your contribution immediately
- 3 donation levels: $55, $110 and $275 each come with a package of bonuses
- each $5.50 donation funds one entrepreneur; even at the lowest level you're helping 10 people
Get free PR tips every week delivered straight to you inbox.