This Friday’s PSA is on behalf of Bridge Communities, an organization that serves the working poor, the fastest growing population, in one of Illinois’ wealthiest counties. Know someone who needs help? Call Bridge Communities at 630.545.0610. Have a charity you’d like to see featured as a Friday PSA? Leave a suggestion in the comment box with the URL.
– average age of a homeless person is 8 years old
– clients: homeless families in need of housing, career counseling, education and mentoring
– partners: 41 churches and community groups in DuPage County
– provided 69,000 shelter nights in 2006
– transitioned 1600 people from homeless to self-sufficiency since 1988
– $25 donation provides 24 hours of shelter/housing for one person
About Bridge Communities From the sponsorship of one family in 1988, Bridge Communities’ network includes program partnerships with over 40 churches and community groups in locations throughout DuPage County.
Program partners assist in supporting nearly 70 homeless families annually in the Bridge Transitional Housing Program. With a four-star rating from Charity Navigator, Bridge Communities is one of the top-ranked organizations to serve homeless families in the Midwest. One gift to Bridge Communities goes to work on six levels providing housing, mentoring, tutoring, employment counseling, career and financial planning assistance.
Bridge Communities’ mission is to: inspire and effect change by advocating for homeless families; provide services and opportunities that connect families to a better future; collaborate with faith-based partners, community groups and businesses to leverage resources and create long-term solutions; and lead by example through our innovative programs and grassroots involvement.