“When I was introduced to the Chevy Malibu, I could just picture this smart fabulous woman who would love this car. And what’s not to love? It’s perfect in so many ways, with its sculpted new styling, and the beautiful interior, and so many smart features. For me, anything that makes somebody’s day easier and simpler leads to a more beautiful life.” Fashion Design Icon, Isaac Mizrahi on the 2013 Chevy Malibu,
Mr. Mizrahi is designing a Malibu Collection. Here’s the AdWeek story, “GM, Living Social and TimeWarner team up to get women on the roadway.
For one week, the 2013 Chevy Malibu was mine. When did you last drive a brand new car?
Thanks to Social Media Club Chicago, Elly Deutch and Klout for this seven-day diversion from my oversized soccer mom minivan. Disclosure: Chevrolet provided the car for me to drive with no compensation, except a full tank of gas, and no review expectations. All opinions are my own. http://cmp.ly/2
You may have noticed that this is not a car review blog. So why am I writing about a car?
1. I love the way Chevy is partnering with Isaac Mizrahi, a top fashion designer. How can you find a way to partner with another company to upgrade your brand?
2. I applaud the way Connie Burke and GM support social media. What brands stand out, for you, as being social media leaders?
3. And, I come from a GM family. When does brand loyalty come into play for you?
Three years ago this month, I made this speech thanking General Motors and Chicagonista for naming me as one of Chicagonista’s Women in Chicago Social Media Elites
“I’d like to thank General Motors for sponsoring tonight’s event and for being a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My Aunt Ruth, my mother’s older sister, was the first woman to work in GM’s Tilton, Illinois plant. Although she wore men’s work clothes to work every day, she never left the house without wearing Revlon’s Million Dollar Red lipstick. GM paid for my ballet, tap, jazz, piano, clarinet and I think a few poetry lessons. On behalf of Social Media Club Chicago, I’d like to thank our members for their enthusiasm, support and for showing up. Thanks to MJ and Chicagonista for bringing attention to social media and for honoring women in social media. It’s wonderful to be here tonight.”
My Week in a 2013 Chevy Malibu Album
Thanks to my kids for posing so graciously, even though they weren’t allowed to drive.
What I loved about the Malibu
• Key fob: cool and classy
• Lights: sexy blue dash accents light up the night
• Color: who doesn’t love cream against black?
• Pick up: responsive, but not racy
• Leather seats: every car I buy has them
• Dashboard: animation starts when you turn the car on
• Music selection: AM/FM, Pandora, XM, iPod, CD
• Mileage: 350 miles and still almost a ¼ tank left!
• Trunk: space and more trunk space
• Camera: rear view
• Admiring looks: this car is a head turner
What I didn’t love about the Malibu
• Glare from the center console shifter when driving in the sun, slightly annoying
• Back seat was a bit snug for my 6’4” son, but fine for everyone else
While I LOVED my week in the 2013 Chevy Malibu , I only wished I would’ve visited the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu site before I turned the car in to find out about all the cool features.
Image Credit: Barbara Rozgonyi 2012 all rights reserved from the skytop collection.