Coming up on March 21 from 6:00-8:00 p.m at Catalyst Ranch., Social Media Club Chicago is hosting an event that will be interesting to anyone who wants to know how to grow a community around a cause. Promising to be an inspiring, and informative event, here are the details from Social Media Club Chicago.
The speaker, Jonny Imerman, is the founder of Imerman Angels. While fighting cancer at 26 years old, Jonny had loving support from family and friends, but never met anyone his age who was a cancer survivor. In 2003, Imerman Angels was founded to connect each cancer fighter to one survivor who is the same age, same gender, and someone who has already beaten that particular type of cancer. If you’re in the Chicago area, register for social media for social good today with Jonny Imerman today.
Social Media For Social Good: Strategies For Nonprofits, For-Profits & Agencies
WHY IS THIS EVENT DIFFERENT?
Are you interested in social media for social good? Want to hear something different than the “usual” social media advice? Join us for an interactive evening and a unique presentation!
Social Media Club Chicago presents an evening with Jonny Imerman, founder of Imerman Angels. During this live interview, he’ll answer questions about how he’s successfully integrated social media while also creating a strong offline presence, international awareness and live events of all types and sizes over the last 9 years. Imerman Angels utilizes everything from Twitter & Facebook to T-shirts and wrist bands. The big difference: He not only built Imerman Angels fast but it’s been built to last and is still growing – and he’ll share how in an interview with Mark J. Carter.
During the interview Jonny and Carter will talk about:
- Creating a results driven social media presence for nonprofits
- Creating powerful collaborations: the ups and downs (and do’s and don’ts) of partnering with for-profit companies for social good campaigns
- Jonny’s advice for what you and your company or nonprofit can do in today’s business world to utilize social good the RIGHT way for the RIGHT reasons (and get real results)… and what NOT to do when working with charities that actually hurts nonprofits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Nonprofits: Learn something beyond the usual advice “set up a Facebook page and raise some quick money”. You’ll hear real world, proven strategies that you can take back to your organization and use the next day.
- For Profit Companies: Learn how “social good” and social media mix into your for profit marketing plans and bridge the gap between “making a difference” and “making a dollar”
- Agencies: Learn new ideas and ways to integrate social good into your current client projects and how and when to pitch “social media for social good” to gain new clients.
Jonny Imerman: Jonny Imerman is the founder of Imerman Angels. While fighting cancer at 26 years old, Jonny had loving support from family and friends, but never met anyone his age who was a cancer survivor. In 2003, Imerman Angels was founded to connect each cancer fighter to one survivor who is the same age, same gender, and someone who has already beaten that particular type of cancer.
Mark J. Carter: Founder of ONE80; connecting the worlds of nonprofits and for-profits to create cause marketing campaigns & events for business authors, corporations and community causes. Past projects range from organizing the first Chicago Twestival and founding Networking For A Cause to running book launches for Tim Sanders (“Saving The World at Work” and “Today We Are Rich”). Current projects include marketing and sponsorship campaigns for Dreams For Kids (501c3) and working with the Founder of TED Talks on his next game changing conference.
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Time: 6:00pm- 8:30pm
Location: Catalyst Ranch
656 W. Randolph Suite 3W
Chicago, IL 60661
Tickets: $10 Advance/$20.00 at the door Price includes: Program, Domino’s Pizza by @Ramon_DeLeon and drinks.
Social Media Club Chicago relies on sponsors to provide quality events for social media professionals monthly. Our sponsors receive exposure to thousands of connectors via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Plancast and more! If you are interested in sponsoring a future SMC Chicago event, please contact Jeannie Walters at jeannie@360Connext.com.
SMC Chicago Board Members
– Barbara Rozgonyi [@wiredprworks], Founder
– Jeff Willinger [@jwillie], President, Chicago SMC chapter.
– Amy Korin [@interactiveamy], Coordinates Volunteers
– Tim McDonald [@tamcdonald], Manages Communications
– Jeannie Walters [@jeanniecw], Oversees Logistics
– Carolyn Martin [@cm_socialmedia], Online Marketing
– @smcchicago on twitter
– 630.207.7530 or 312-970-0846
SMC Chicago Chapter
Social Media Club’s primary mission is to expand digital media literacy, promote standard technologies, encourage ethical behavior and share best practices. We bring together journalists, publishers, communications professionals, artists, amateur media creators, citizen journalists, teachers, students, tool makers, and other interested collaborators. Essentially the people who create and consume media who have an interest in seeing the ‘media industry’ evolve for everyone’s benefit. We are more than just USERS, we are the reason the tools exist – we are the people who communicate our thoughts and ideas near and far. Join us and let’s shape the future together!