You have the audience, you have the “show” – now you need the recognition beyond your “channel.”
Test out these spring-y image makeover strategies that work – in all seasons:
1. Become the authority in your arena with the press, your peers and your readers
2. Specialize in at least one micro-niche and promote your expertise, then expand your influence
3. Work on a magnetic all-around in person image: we do everything from recommend image artists [like Michael, a makeup magician; Diane, a graduate from the American Academy of Art who styles hair fashion; and Katie, a former wardrobe designer to Greek aristocracy] to dream up ways to have the company/client appear in traffic online and in neighborhoods
4. Publish, if you’re a blogger you do that now. Why not organize your posts into a book format?
5. Ever considered children’s stories? I once wrote a coloring book for an event – so far, the only “book” I’ve ever published.
6. Engage a strong artistic graphic identity director. We usually recommend Dave’s studio, where they have a way of drawing out who you are when you can’t see yourself.
7. Capture customer data – let’s say you have thousands of readers/visitors. Give them a way to give you their email and mailing addresses in exchange for valuable and free information.
8. Form strategic partnerships – in the Internet Marketing world, it’s all about finding joint venture partners to promote you/your products in exchange for a revenue split.
9. Add more ads to your blog or your site and get a few sponsors.
10. Sell or giveaway gear for people to wear at conferences and arrange informal meet-ups -then you’ll see yourself springing up all over!!!
How do you “spruce up” your image?