A string of questions about email systems recently caught my attention. Because I find myself wanting to answer every one, I’m consolidating my thoughts into this reference post.
For awhile now, I’ve been wanting to share the benefits of using AWeber. As a customer for over a year and an affiliate [yes, this post contains affiliate links], I decided the time was right after a comment came up in my marketing execution class this week.
When one of my students told me her programmer said an email service is extremely costly, I asked her. “How does $30 a month sound?” That’s all it takes to send out 150,000 emails to 20,000 subscribers every month. I only hope her list is 1% of that size. You pay less if you send less.
Although I use two email delivery systems, I prefer Aweber. Besides the fact the company’s blog is a great email marketing resource – see the latest posts at the end of this post – I find their personalized service refreshing.
When was the last time an email service provider sent you a personalized, signed letter thanking your for your service? Never? Thought so.
Customer service is incredibly responsive, When I called asking how to integrate Aweber with my landing page software, they were ready for me. As soon I described my request, the customer service rep asked for my email so he could send me instructions. They arrived in under five minutes. An online chat service allows you to get instant answers.
With Aweber you can . . .
– Schedule delivery timed to the minute way in advance; set it and forget it email
– Stagger messages for personalized auto-delivery for effortless ongoing contact
– Check in on daily reporting that monitors new additions and lets you know the number of clicks on your links
– Arrange for double opt-in to insure your list is populated with people who confirm twice that they want to receive your messages
– Toggle back and forth between lists and see stats at a glance on your control panel
– Send emails in text, html or one of over 50 templates
– Include broadcasts in a web based archive by linking to the Web archive or RSS feed, both links go to MTN News archives.
– Test out Aweber’s email marketing service with a free trial
– Watch Aweber’s blog updates email marketing innovations – check out the latest headlines
Have an email service you recommend? Let us know with a comment below.
4 thoughts on “Marketing via Auto-Responders, RSS | Email System Management Recommendation”
I’m actually on a couple of mailing lists from people that use aweber and it’s a pain to get removed from a mailing list… even when you unsubscribe they don’t unsubscribe you.
@rebecca-thanks for your comment. One of the reasons we use aweber is because I personally have found it to be so easy and reliable to 1] change my email address and 2]unsubscribe. The problem comes in, usually, when you’re subscribed to more than one list with one individual/product. One marketer had my name on at least 6 different aweber lists. Why? Because, I’d signed up for every one of them at one time or another. Aweber’s customer service is really good. If you’re having trouble, contact them at 800-531-5065. Better yet, click reply and request that the marketer take your name off of their list. And, if you’d like to subscribe to ours, email email@example.com.
very good post. thank you
I actually came across http://preneurmarketing.com/ and they are offering email marketing solutions as well