Every Tuesday, Liz Strauss at Successful-Blog hosts an open comment night. Last week the group came up with the idea to host a blog showcase. Blog-to Show? Showcase Your Blog at Successful-Blog July 26-27 outlines the details of how to get in. With all entries in, the show is up - live - now with over 250 blogs to browse through. Kudos to Liz for setting up this event!
In selecting an image, I went with the auto show theme mentioned in the event promos. This one is from the 2008 Chicago Auto show. Although I didn't plan it this way, it's a contemporary self-portrait.
Here's my Blog Showcase entry:
Blog Title: Wired PR Works by Barbara Rozgonyi
Blog URL link: http://barbararozgonyi-wiredprworks.com
Blog Tagline: Getting the Media to Work for You
A fine blend of branding, entertainment, public relations, SEO and social media.
"You can be anyone you want to be - you just have to tell your world about it. Come on over - I'll show you how."
Barbara Rozgonyi, speaker, entrepreneur, imagemaker
Think beyond the theme, the categories, the posts.
Look down the road, a few months or even years
ahead to map out where you'd like to go, who you'll
invite to come along and how you'll all get there.
Blogging is a transformational journey.
What I love about this concept . . .
- brings together a band of bloggers
- incentive to look [and sound] your best
- promotes everyone all at once
- acts quickly on readers' suggestions
- generates at least two-way traffic, more if blogs link to ones they like
It's amazing that this event came to life in a few days. To take it to the next level . . .
- line up screenshots in a gallery
- give bloggers badges to promote the show
- award people's choice prizes
- set up categories
- parade around the web - not sure how to do this, but I do have a video of fire trucks to get it started
Image: Jaguar in Jeans, copyright 2008 Barbara Rozgonyi. Like auto shows? Check out my 2008 Chicago Auto Show set on flickr.com