Convio, a company I found out about from a friend who’s a non-profit marketing director, recently released The Online Marketing (eCRM) Nonprofit Benchmark Index™ Study. Although the study’s results are based on Convio’s non-profit client results, many of the suggestions and findings apply to for profit online marketing as well.
Here’s the introduction . . .
This benchmark report provides you with important insight and analysis involving key metrics for evaluating online marketing success. The study includes data compiled from nonprofit organizations across six vertical segments and of various sizes and levels of online maturity. It also discusses tactics for impacting key metrics and creating more effective online marketing programs that maximize results.
Convio’s online marketing benchmark report includes:
- Key metrics that influence online marketing effectiveness;
- Analysis and trend data involving each metric;
- Insights into how comparable organizations are performing against key metrics; and
- Tips and advice for improving different areas of your organization’s online marketing program.
A few findings that jumped out for me . . .
– Online donations median growth rate from July 05-June 06: 27% [probably much higher now]
– Organizations with larger email files raised 2-3 times more online than those with smaller files
– Results vary by vertical segment in terms of outreach; motivation; action and loyalty
– Common attributes of organizations that have had the most success online include the ability to drive traffic; effective coversion to registered users and then donors; and a high response rate for online appeals
At 17 pages, the report is packed with information, graphs and charts that illustrate how well Convio serves their clients. Definitely worth a download.
Get Wired PR Works delivered via RSS
Claim your complimentary copy of “How to Transform Your Company into a Customer Magnet,” a 60 minute audio guide with a planning template, valued at $97