Here’s the latest from Marketing Transformations Network News
Subscribe to My Ezine Articles
Press Release Template – 35 Essential Elements for a News – worthy Release
by Barbara Rozgonyi, founder of CoryWest Media
To request permission to reproduce or republish this article, contact connect AT corywestmedia DOT com.
Recently, a new client prospect asked me what goes into writing a press release. When I wrote down all of my ingredients, I was surprised. You can see how much planning goes into one campaign. The good news is that once you set up your template, you can go back to it again and again. Use this list to set up your own campaign.
- Headline – between 80 and 170 characters
- Keywords – selected to match your search engine optimization goals
- Subhead – two to three sentences that summarize your release with a call to action
- Opening – compelling lead sentence
- Body Copy – 5 paragraphs: intro, point 1, point 2, point 3
- Quotes – from you and a client/industry resource
- Links – use anchor text links to your site
- Contact Information – give phone number, site and email
- Image[s] – select a flattering portrait, not a quick mug shot
- Logo – upload only if the image supports your story or the brand
- Tags – how do you want bloggers to find you?
- Landing Page – where you want the readers to go after they see your release
- Data Capture – how will you measure stats? Some distributors do this for you
- Incentive – what do they get – a free report, more information?
- Pitch – what’s the hook for someone who will write about your story – what makes it interesting to their readers?
- Features – what makes your news news?
- Benefits – how do your features benefit the reader?
- Who – is your target audience and why do they need to know about you?
- What – is it that you’re tying into – a news story, industry stats, trends?
- When – is this is an event is there anyway you can make the story more evergreen?
- Where – is location important to you – local businesses may prefer local coverage
- Why – is this information relevant to your reader? Do the “so what?” test.
- Markets – segment by interest, industry and geography as well as point of purchase
- Distribution channels – traditional, online, blogs, your customers
- Media Attachments – images, documents, videos, podcasts
- Links – buy a domain name just for the release for optimal branding
- Platform – how does this fit into your overall platform approach?
- Follow up – what happens when someone contacts you?
- Media interviews – what will you say?
- Online newsroom – how will you promote the news on your site?
- Company background – a brief paragraph about what you or your company does
- Trackbacks – will you accept or monitor trackbacks?
- GoogleAlerts – set up automatic messaging
- Tracking – how will you track results online?
- Clipping – clip out articles in local papers
About the author . . .
An in-demand publicist, professional speaker and marketing communications consultant since 1990, Barbara Rozgonyi is grounded, edgy and prophetic. “Panoramic PR,” Barbara’s latest project, compresses everything she knows into an affordable, manageable course that teaches small business owners, entrepreneurs, authors, experts, coaches and anyone else who wants more free publicity how to get completely covered by being fully exposed. Claim a free report and get automatic articles like this one at http://www.powerprsecrets.com.
Craving PR inspiration? Feed into the Wired PR Works blog therapy suite.All site content copyright Barbara Rozgonyi, CoryWest Media 2005-2007
5 thoughts on “Press Release Template | 35 Essential Elements for a News-Worthy Release | Ezine Article”
Very nice structure you have there, I agree that your method would indeed show results.
One Way Link Building’s last blog post..Google on Subdomains
I just like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test again here regularly. I am moderately certain I will learn a lot of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the following!
Devo ringraziarvi per questa grande meraviglioso lettura !
I sicuramente amato po’ di esso . ho si prenota contrassegnato a
controllare nuova roba che cose che pubblichi …
If some one needs to be updated with hottest technologies therefore he must be pay a
quick visit this website and be up to date everyday.