Last Saturday, a mystery caller left messages at my office and on my cell phone. She was trying to track me down to thank me for an article. I returned her call, but haven't heard back. So, I don't know which one she liked.
Reader feedback keeps you going and on track. Posting to a blog with viewer stats gives you clues to "best-selling" articles in real time. WordPress' dashboard reports stats on referrers, number of views and click-throughs.
Here's a list of search engine terms people used to find Wired PR Works yesterday. . .
Here's how you can profit from your blog's search term statistics . . .
- match key search terms to your categories, content and post titles to see what's attracting the traffic and adjust categories [and your topic coverage] to draw additional viewers
- check your page rank for the search term, if you like the positioning, keep posting and nurture a community
- follow a few experts you like and cover their latest news on your blog with an affiliate link to their products, where appropriate
- chart changes in terms over a few weeks and readjust your writing plans on a monthly basis to add depth and consistency
- respond quickly with updates to most popular stories as they age so they appear fresh, not stale
- when you do a search for one of your search terms and it comes up on the light side, write a post or two and claim the search space as your own if you want that traffic
- promote the charities you support with a donation link, especially when they may not have a high page ranking site of their own
- search other blogs to see who's writing about the same topics you are, check out their blog, comment on a few posts and then email the blogger to request a reciprocal blogroll posting
- type in the search term and see what else comes up; you may be surprised to find you own an obscure term that could generate some faithful traffic
- use the blog's search term stats as a traffic estimator for new projects
Here's my list of search terms from the last week . . .
pirate day kindergarten
BUILDINGS CELEBRATING DISCOVERING OF NEW
nintendo wii at kmart
2007 halloween retail
project mindshare 31
Marc Harty - Traffic from PR & Web 2.0
ultimate pr challenge
"marketing tricks" +gorilla +video
how did elvis get famous?
"list and found"
cartoon network stunt
lakhani become an expert
nintendo wii kmart
wii at sears
kitchen design american foursquare
mike woo-ming "big seminar"
alex mandossian teleseminar secrets
Nintendo Wii online marketing influencer
cartoon network publicity stunt
how to get media coverage from a publici
ultimate challenge video abe lincoln
"list and found"
ezine theme wordpress 2007
wealthy mind international
sears + wii
i learned the truth at 17 that love was
dove ad age
sears wii rss
little caesar's commercials on youtube
cartoon network ads
Marc Harty pr
Sad videos on youtube - tributes
public relations planning cartoon
Nintendo Wii creatives
"john drury" chicago als
racy text messages ideas
live traffic video cam glen ellyn il
symbols in budweisers king crab commerci
biggest publicity ever
"Dick Desich" replay
mega essays entry
steve irwin youtube videos
22 rules of public relations
charity statistics in dupage county il
movie public relations seminar
Well, what's your conclusion? Thanks for leaving your comments below!