At this time in 2007, it’s safe to say most of us had no friends on Facebook. Now we do. But for how long?
What place in the crowded social networking space will emerge as the top contender in 2008? How many profiles, posts, uploads, updates, MySpace friend requests, LinkedIn invitations to connect can most people manage?
I don’t have the answer to that-yet. But, I do plan to watch the newest contender to enter the social media-networking-online community space.
Thanks to the BlogWorld Twitter feed, I found a well-researched post about FastCompany’s neo blend of journalism, social networking, media, blogging and personal branding. I found it easy to set up my FastCompany profile. I suggest you set up yours, too. Feel free to invite me to be a connection.
Over the next few months I’m betting that FastCompany’s innovative mix will become a preferred all-in-one center to network, question, discover, postulate, think and grow.
A few of FastCompany’s online community innovations . . .
– built on Drupal, in place of a traditional web or familiar blog platform
– invites you to pay attention to ideas, not resumes or credentials
– content is opened up to FastCompany’s one million plus monthly visitors
– allows you to import contacts – even from LinkedIn
– blog option makes it possible to have a continuing influence
– provides ways to ask/answer questions
Check it out and let me know what you think . . .