It all started, for me, when Junta 42 asked their top bloggers to predict what they think will happen with social media and content in 2009. So I put together my short list of the
Top 10 2009 Social Media and Content Predictions
1. Short: Twitter bursts conversations
2. Visual: YouTube channels content
3. Graphic: Images supplant words
4. Multi: Diversity stands out
5. Mobile: Texts buzz word of mouth
6. Stories: Tell me something good
7: PRx2: Public relations meets page rank
8. Music: Can you corporate Karaoke?
9. iPhone: App, app and away
10. Search: Precisely matched
and then I posted it as a comment because I missed the deadline.
After reading what everyone on Junta42 had to say, I went on a search to find other 2009 predictions.
The Flack’s Notable 2009 Predictions is a good place to start and covers even more of the lists than you’ll see here.
Rosalind Gardner recorded this video with her 2009 Affiliate Marketing Predictions.
Is next year far enough away to see the future? Internetnews.com predicts 95% communication of enterprise communication will be IM – in 2012 –and social networks as a distinct product category will disappear. Interesting . . . .
Have a 2009 prediction list you’d like to recommend? How do see branding, marketing. PR and social media changing – or staying the same – in 2009?