While these tips were written specifically for those ages 44-63 to appear on Toby Bloomberg’s Diva Marketing blog, there is something in here for everyone.
Toby asked each of her guests, Des Walsh, Carlos Hernandez and Barbara Rozgonyi [me!] to submit social media tips as a companion to our appearance on her BlogTalk Radio show, Diva Marketing Talks. Pick it up as a podcast or listen on your computer.
Social media tips for Baby Boomers
- Own your age by celebrating your accomplishments
- Promote your technology heritage
- Connect cross-generationally via alumni, networking and social groups
- Position yourself as a mentor for people starting out in your profession
- Talk about your collections, hobbies and interests
- Post flattering and current profile pictures that look like who you are today
- Be a leader people seek out for social media connections
- Start out with LinkedIn and develop your professional profile
- Go through your network and invite friends to connect online
- Recommend and refer others when you see someone looking for help
- What would you add?