Ready or not: March 30 is the deadline for Facebook’s new timeline pages for brands. if you’ve been resisting updating, relax. It’s pretty simple to make changes. And, you can always add more detail as you go. Here are four things to do today that will get you and your brand ready for the new Facebook timeline.
1. Add a Facebook timeline cover image.
1. Choose a Cover Photo and follow these guidelines from Facebook
Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
- Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
- Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
- References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
- Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”
2. Activate your Facebook timeline about section.
Add a call to action to visit your site or blog or sign up for your newsletter. Drop in links to other social networking profiles.
3. Promote your posts.
Every status comes with options. Click the star to highlight a post and expand it the full width of the timeline. Click the pencil to edit. When you select “Pin to Top” the post will be first on the timeline. Unless you change it, it will stay there for a week.
4. Arrange and add app tabs.
Before, Facebook arranged wall navigation in a column on the left hand side of the page. Now, navigation floats on three tabs under the cover shot. The first will always be photos, then you can switch placement with others. Prioritize which to display first. Visitors can click more to see a drop down menu
Show and Share
Leave a link to your Facebook page[s] you like so we can check out the best!